Wednesday, June 25, 2008

American Slapstick Vol. 2: BUY THIS!


Produced by David Kalat of ALL DAY ENTERTAINMENT, American Slapstick Volume 2 is the second entry in a series which celebrates and preserves the history of slapstick comedy in early film. The series features well-known favorites such as Charlie Chaplin, but the brilliant thing is that much more obscure films are proudly featured; a practice which has been rarely seen in collections of silent film.
As you'll know from poking around my blog, I am animation fan as well as a silent film fan. Most appropriately, this DVD collection features two Otto Messmer/Pat Sullivan cartoons depicting Charlie Chaplin, produced in the late 1910s. These are a real treat for both the silent comedy and animation fan.
Yours truly loaned both cartoons for this DVD project and I was more than happy to do so, as David Kalat and ALL DAY produce wonderfully professional DVD collections. Kudos, David!
You will find more information and can purchase the collection HERE
I'm hoping some of my blog readers will pursue this and if you do, I'd love to hear back about how you enjoyed the DVD... especially the cartoons!
All Day Entertainment

2 comments:

Craig D said...

Welcome to the big time, kid!

Sounds like a worthwhile purchase.

J. J. Hunsecker said...

I'm planning on getting these DVDs as soon as my finances pick up. (I'm a big silent comedy fan, too.) Nice to hear you had some involvement with volume 2.